CFAD Training Facilities
CFAD Cape Town has the following facilities available to all registered students:
- 30 dedicated workstations with the latest versions of Autodesk 3ds Max, Autodesk Maya , Smoke, Adobe Production and ToonBoom 2D animation software.
- flat panel screens to reduce eye strain and fatigue while learning
- 4 air-conditioned lecture rooms
- internet café with dedicated internet stations for students to use for reference
- library with various periodicals, books, CD-ROMs and the DVD's
- Autodesk accredited training support material.
As all of the instructors have real industry experience, they bring that knowledge with them into the classroom. Students are not only taught how to use the software, but also how to apply that knowledge creatively so that they can troubleshoot issues for themselves. We also treat class assignments as real productions with the relevant deadlines. Students are also given tips on dealing with clients and managing jobs within both large and small teams. This helps to prepare our learners more fully for the rigours of production work.
Touchvision Digital Media Solutions is based within the CFAD Campus and it maintains a strong involvement with key industry players ensuring a synergy between the Academy and industry, as well as guaranteeing mutually beneficial outcomes for students, the college and the creative digital media marketplace. Touchvision has been the authorised reseller for Autodesk Media & Entertainment and ToonBoom products in South Africa for the past few years. This involvement provides a unique platform from which to educate students and ensure the relevance of the teaching outcomes, course content and technical infrastructure.